Come for the Community, Stay to Learn!
It’s time again for Roo Lan’s Annual Health Fair to educate and help the seniors of Thurston County. This event, held at the Lacey Community Center less than a mile from our campus, is meant to help educate and assist seniors in matters important to them. The Fair will be on June 6th from 9 AM – 2 PM. This year’s event is being put on in partnership with Consumer Protection of Washington and they have formed the basis for the theme of this year’s event.
This Year’s Fair Includes
Resource Fair with More Than 30 Vendors
Q&A Opportunities with Local Resource Experts
Complementary Food and Beverages
Protect Your Health & Wealth
The theme of this year’s Fair is about protection, not just of your health and well being but the financial assets you’ve worked all your life to accumulate. To that end this year’s keynote speakers are addressing concerns you might have regarding how to protect yourself against identity theft, online scams, and much more. We will also be hosting breakout sessions throughout the day for attendees wishing to have a small group conversation with subject matter experts.
- Intro to Consumer Protection Washington & GiveSmart with… Teresa Glidden, Office of the Secretary of State
- Services for Seniors – Protecting and Educating with… Elena Huizar, Attorney General’s Office
- Identity Theft, Robo Calls, Mail Scams & More with… Chuck Harwood, Federal Trade Commission NW Office
- Legal Means To Protect Your Identity with… Attorney Heidi Magaro
- Five Wishes with… Providence Hospice
- Home Health or Home Care – What’s The Difference? with… Advanced Health Care